Six Month Braces
At Easy Dental Care, we are authorized providers of the amazing Six Month Smiles system. The Six Month Smiles system is a type of orthodontic treatment that focuses on straightening the teeth that show when you smile. Six Month Braces are geared towards adults who are looking for marked cosmetic improvement in the alignment of their teeth in a very short amount of time. Because Six Month Braces are focused solely on the teeth that show when you smile, treatment times are significantly shorter than with traditional braces. In addition to the short treatment times, Six Month Braces are virtually invisible.
How will I look with Six Month Braces?
Perhaps the best part of Six Month Braces is that we utilize clear brackets, along with tooth-colored wires to straighten the teeth into position, making the Six Month Braces nearly invisible!
How can orthodontic treatment be completed in only six months?
It is important to note that Six Month Braces are not a substitute for traditional comprehensive orthodontic treatment. Six Month Braces are intended to straighten the teeth that show when you smile. Six Month Braces may not address all bite discrepancies, since it is aimed at treating teeth in the “cosmetic zone” for adults. There are two main reasons that treatment time with Six Month Braces is so short:
1) The goals of Six Month Braces are not exactly the same as those for conventional orthodontics. The most time consuming changes in traditional comprehensive orthodontics is changing the position of patients’ back teeth. Because Six Month Braces are focused mainly on achieving a great smile, treatment time is significantly shortened.
2) Six Month Braces have unique, clear brackets and white, tooth-colored wires. These brackets and wires are engineered specifically to move the teeth quickly, efficiently, and comfortably.
How are Six Month Braces different from clear tray orthodontic systems like Invisalign?
Clear tray systems like Invisalign use a series of clear, hard plastic trays to move the teeth into position. Six Month Braces use nearly invisible brackets and wires. As a result, there are a number of differences between these treatments, including:
1) Treatment Time—Because you are free to remove Invisalign trays whenever you wish (and recommended to do so while eating), progress can often be slowed or halted. With Six Month Braces, the treatment is on “auto-pilot”, so to speak. All you have to do is see your dentist once a month for an average of six months. Dentists who use both Six Month Braces and Invisalign often report that Six Month Braces work 2-3 times faster.
2) Predictable Tooth Movement—Clear trays often have some limitations with regards to the types of movements you need to straighten your teeth. For example, it is very difficult to use clear trays to rotate a tooth that is turned out of position, or to straighten certain teeth that are intruded (positioned deeply in the gums). With Six Month Braces, there is a wider range of tooth movements that can be accomplished, and therefore the outcome can be more predictable.
3) Lower Treatment Costs—The cost of Six Month Braces is typically far lower than for traditional orthodontics.
Are Six Month Braces painful?
No. Six Month Braces use light forces to accomplish gentle and comfortable tooth movement. Like with traditional braces, some patients may experience a small amount of soreness or discomfort when the Six Month Braces are first placed. For those patients, over the counter pain relievers such are very effective at eliminating this discomfort. However, most patients report that they simply feel a bit of “tightness”.
Do Six Month Braces damage the teeth, tooth roots, or gums?
There is no evidence to suggest that Six Month Braces have any higher risk of tooth or root damage than typical orthodontic treatment. Since Six Month Braces use light forces over a short duration of time, there is significantly less time for damage to occur compared to traditional braces. Even with traditional braces, damage to the teeth, tooth roots, and gums are VERY rare.
How can I afford Six Month Braces?
Six Month Braces are typically significantly less expensive than traditional braces. We also offer special financing options for your Six Month Braces here at Easy Dental Care.
Do I need to wear a retainer after Six Month Braces?
Yes. As with any type of orthodontics, some type of retention is needed in order to maintain your results. This is especially true for adults that undergo orthodontic treatment. At Easy Dental Care, we recommend placing a permanent, bonded retainer after your treatment. This type of retainer goes on the back/inside of your teeth, where people don’t see it. Click here to see what a retainer looks like for your Six Month Braces.
Why not just get veneers done instead?
While porcelain veneers can be a great treatment to improve the appearance of your smile, Six Month Braces offer a more conservative and far less expensive option to improve your smile. Veneers can be a great way to improve the color and shape of your teeth and are an excellent choice for many cases. However, with Six Month Braces and teeth whitening, you can often achieve a beautiful smile without having to make irreversible changes to your natural teeth. Call us today for a free consultation, and we can discuss which treatment would best fit your needs and goals.